During the first course in Poland we had a special Guest: Colin Hendry. The legend of British football, who played for clubs like Blackburn Rovers, Glasgow Rangers and Manchester City, with which he was pro-claimed the footballer of the year in the 1989/90 season. He played in Champions League on many occasions, and was a captain for Scottish team. He joined our lecturers to share his experience.
We asked Collin to share his opinion, as seen below.
– IPSO (international Professional Scouting Organisation) is a great resource for new and experienced football scouts. Re-training and developing ex-football players when they retire or thinking about a career change to train as a football scout. I can see its value in many areas.
– As an ex-prof footballer and now coach I found it very intriguing and interesting and you don’t realise how knowledgeable a scout has to be in many aspects of his role. It was run very professionally from start to finish. The Scout course was very instructive and allowed me to meet and discuss scouting and coaching with all the people on the course from different backgrounds.
– A great learning experience. The content in the course delivered great ways of looking at different aspects of scouting. Some excellent content and in-depth analysis into scouting, it outlined new ideas and ways of presenting potential player profile information in a professional manner. This course helps to enhance the quality of standards required regarding the professional scouting networks. This is a great opportunity made easy for both novice and the most experienced of scouts out there, with second to non-advice and contacts day and night if needed.
– I myself learnt good tips and facts from a scouting perspective and now have a greater understanding of the value of a good scout. The course is well structured and covers all aspects of scouting. I have no hesitation on recommending the organisation for developing and delivering relevant scout courses in the near future. Excellent and well delivered by very experienced people within the game. This could be useful for all types of people in many different areas of work to enhance their knowledge in football. I could see academy scouts, experienced scouts, agents, coaches, teachers, media reporter’s etc. all finding this very useful tool to have in their career paths.
– On a personal point of view the hotel, town (Sopot) and hospitality of the people of Poland was magnificent. What a lovely place to have a course and also to have a mini holiday break with the beach and quality of the hotel. I was very impressed with beautiful restaurants and bars etc. and I can see myself returning many times with family and friends as the place was fantastic. I would also like to add the football match we went to at Arka Gdynia was a really memorable occasion for me as I’ve played all over the world and the ARKA fans were one of the best set of fans I have ever seen ‘’fantastic’’. The welcome they gave me personally was brilliant and I can’t wait to come over again and help cheer my new adopted team in Poland.